Kennedy Thomas is 14 yrs old and created this concept when she was 13. Kennedy is a high school student, currently attending Eagle's Landing Christian Academy. Her hobbies include playing volleyball and focusing her time and efforts on ideas to better help and assist financially with animal rescue. Kennedy has 2 dogs, 3 guinea pigs and 1 fish.
Hearts for Barks
Hearts for Barks is a non-profit organization with the mission of raising funds to support local animal shelters and rescue organizations that aim to rescue and care for abused and abandoned animals.
Funds raised by HFB will go towards supplementing the budget for many rescue shelters that function at a minimum and need help with their rescue missions. One of the organizations HFB is targeting this year is the Henry County Animal Control Center, located in McDonough, GA.
Hearts for Barks is now officially 501c3 status.
EIN: 47-1527450. Your donations are tax deductible!
Facts about our local animal shelter
- The facility host about 135 animals per week
- The adoption rate is roughly 32 per week
- Over 200 animals are euthanized per year
- County funds raised for July 2013- June 2014 - $6,380.
- As a community, we spend more than that each year on purchasing video games and ordering take out food.
These are the funds the facility counts on to provide the following initiatives which are NOT covered by government funding:
- Special dietary needs for animals that can't eat/digest the basic animal foods
- Over sized cushions fo the larger animals to rest on versus the hard concrete flooring
- Animal crates
- Flea and Tick Shampoo
- Toys to keep the animals stimulated during their stay
- Medical care for injured animals that are rescued